Thursday, November 19, 2009

What works, what doesn't.....

At any given point in time, something in my life is not functioning as designed.

It could be something with my electronics, my car, my body, etc. Fortunately not the latter these days.

Usually, a software upgrade will fix (again, except for the latter). Items 3. and 4. from my Oct. 20 post did just that - a software upgrade fixed the problem.

But right now, another software upgrade has killed the PS3. Which means no DVDs or games (the latter has had a profound positive effect on junior's grades). The latest software upgrade "bricked" it (I am fascinated the clever jargon that's created these days).

And something called a tuning adapter has caused issues with the TiVo. Nothing major, but an annoyance nonetheless.

Hopefully the good folks at Cablevision can push a software upgrade to fix this.


No comments:

Post a Comment