Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Game of the World Series - Challenges for a Met Fan

I've been Met Fan for my entire baseball life. Perhaps it was because from the time I was 14, I could take the LIRR (that's the Long Island Rail Road) to Shea Stadium with my friends. Or because my Uncle Julie was pissed that the Giants left for Cally, and the Mets were the next best thing. In those days the cost of a trip to the ballpark didn't rival the GNP of some Third World countries.

As a Met fan, I haven't been a Yankee fan. Especially after Clements beaned Piazza. At that time, the only team hated more were the Braves - perennial NL East contenders. With Chipper and John (I don't do subways) Rocker, they were despised. Now with the Phillies and the Yankees, what's a Met fan to do?

I've decided that the Phils are the new Braves - with Jimmy (not the Greek) Rollins, and his big mouth; and Shane Victorino, who looks like the Steve Buscemi character from the Sopranos. And I don't hate the Yankees any more. Jeter, Posada and Mo are players to be admired - it's not these Yankees I dislike, it's their obnoxious fans with their "Got Rings" T-Shirts.

So let's go Yankees, plus with Fox covering instead of YES, I won't have to hear about A-Bombs from A-Rod or "The Yankees Win, ttttthhhhhheee Yankees Win".

No comments:

Post a Comment