Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One of my all-time Favorite Things...


I've had a TiVo for eight years. Actually I've had two. I can watch a 30 minute sitcom in 19 minutes. The current one is an HD model and kicks the snot out of Cablevision's HD-DVR. Why?
  1. I can 30 second skip through commercials.
  2. I can watch in slow motion, just like NFL refs.
  3. I can stream my iTunes collection from a PC in my home office over the home theather equipment in our den (No I don't have a 'Home Theater' - the kind with big leather chairs with cup holders).
  4. I can view my thousands of digital pics from my PC on the TV. Great for showing the in-laws pictures of the kids (they don't do Facebook).
  5. I can stream movies from Amazon, Netflix and Blockbuster, and watch YouTube.
  6. I can transfer stuff directly to my iPod.
  7. I can (but probably never will) order Domino's through it.

And when it breaks, I can put a new software image on a fresh drive and I'm almost good as new.

Actually, I can't do 3. and 4. above. TiVo software doesn't work properly with Windows7. I've been waiting for an update for six months.

Which leads me to a topic for another day... Why does software f#ck everything up???

No comments:

Post a Comment